QLink Drop-In Program Assistant
Temporary Contract Position
Start date: June 1, 2022, Monday to Saturday flex-time schedule
Approximately 12 hours per week
QLink Windsor Essex is a partnership of three local nonprofit organizations working together to develop and deliver peer-led social supports and programs for LGBTQ2S+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer and two spirit) youth between the ages of 12-29 and their families and caregivers. QLink programs provide an inclusive and safe environment for youth to explore and discuss unique experiences related to sexual orientation and gender identity and expression while building connections with other youth to develop a sense of community and belonging and gain access to supports and referrals including free professional counselling services.
QLink Windsor Essex is seeking a temporary Drop-In Program Assistant to work alongside the Facilitator/Administrator. The Candidate must possess a solid understanding of LGBTQ2S+ youth and intersectional challenges, the ability to relate to and mentor LGBTQ2S+youth and a desire to work in an exciting new program. The Drop-In Program Assistant does not provide counselling services.
Qualifications, Education, Experience and Abilities:
• Post-secondary education, or registration in relevant university or college program
• Work or volunteer in LGBTQ2S+ school-based program with facilitation experience.
• Ability to reflect and promote the culture and integrity of the collaborative; manage situations with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality; understand boundaries and disclosure of reported information.
• Ability to support LGBTQ2S+ youth and parents who may be reluctant to engage and be sensitive to social realities (race, culture, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, poverty, and lifestyle.)
• Ability to facilitate and work through difficult group dynamics.
• Ability to work effectively on a team with other program staff.
• Ability to build mentorship relationships with youth.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work with Facilitator/Administrator to:
• Plan and deliver day-to-day program ensuring that the necessary tools/resources are in place.
• Plan special guests and workshops relevant to program goals.
• Ensure safety of participants and that the facilities are used in a respectful manner.
• Prepares refreshments with/for youth participants and cleans kitchen each evening of programming.
• Maintain daily log, related records, statistics and produce reports as required.
• Administer intake/surveys as required.
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance.
• Valid Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate or be willing to obtain one prior to hire.
• Valid ON Driver's License (Class 5 or Class 7), and suitable driver's abstract and use of a personal vehicle.
• Documentation that applicant is legally entitled to work in Canada.
QLink Windsor Essex conducts primary source verification of applicant's credentials including education, training, work history, volunteer history and licensure.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, May 18, 2022 by 5:00pm. We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates considered for interview will be contacted.